Next Friday, August 28 at 2:10PM ET, President Obama will address Jewish communities throughout North America in a special live webcast to discuss the Iran nuclear agreement. Interested participants can register here. A number of prominent Jewish leaders sign a letter urging Congress to approve the deal. A new study shows that charitable donations rose by over a quarter from 2011 to 2013.
- Haaretz – Obama to address U.S. Jewish community on Iran deal
- Time – Jewish leaders urge Congress to OK deal with Iran
- U.S. Trust Capital Acumen – Volunteerism and donations on the rise
Meanwhile, Federations are highlighted in Northern New Jersey, St. Louis, Lee and Charlotte Counties, New York and Atlantic and Cape May Counties
- Jewish Link of New Jersey – Federation issues statement on Iran Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action
- St. Louis Jewish Light – Iran expert warns of consequences of nuke debate 'tone'
- The News-Press (op-ed) – U.S. must demand adherence on Iran agreement
- New York Jewish Week – Israeli unity through education?
- Jewish Community Voice – Students struggle to respond when anti-Israeli sentiment turns ugly