The Houston Federation acts to help those stranded by flood. Richard Sandler, the immediate past chair of the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, is nominated to succeed Michael Siegal as the next chair of the JFNA Board of Trustees. JFNA and Federations across the country are leading the way on the important issue of paid leave.
- The Forward - Houston Jewish community scrambles to cope with flooding
- Jewish Journal – Moving and shaking: Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival, David Myers and Richard Sandler
- Huffington Post – Making paid leave big enough to matter and small enough to achieve
- The Forward (editorial) – Why paid leave makes economic sense
Meanwhile, Federations are featured in New York, Toronto, Pinellas & Pasco Counties, Vancouver and Pittsburgh.
- Fast Company – Unexpected business lessons from serving in the Israeli army
- Toronto Sun – 2015 United Jewish Appeal's Walk with Israel
- Heritage Florida Jewish News – Socash takes on executive director role at Federation
- Canadian Jewish News – Vancouver campaign raises record $8 million
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette – Archivists giving priority to reviving small-town histories
Please login to leave a comment