The director of Federations' Secure Community Network (SCN) says that bomb threats against Jewish institutions, like those posed to Manhattan's Jewish Center and Greensboro's day school, are no longer uncommon. On a national conference call hosted by SCN, top Department of Homeland Security officials advise Jewish communities to initiate or review security maintenance in the wake of the Paris attacks.
• The Jewish Week—Bomb threat closes school and synagogue on Manhattan's Upper West Side
• MyFox8—Threatening letter closes B'nai Shalom Day School for second day
• JTA—Top Homeland Security officials brief hundreds of Jewish groups
Meanwhile, Federations are featured in Boston, New York, Dallas, Santa Barbara and Rochester.
• JTA—What Patriots owner Robert Kraft has done for the Jews
• Israel21c—Israel trains French trauma experts in wake of terror attack
• Times of Israel (op-ed)—Restoring community cohesion and bipartisanship
• Santa Barbara Independent—Jewish Federation to honor Thomas Blatt at Kristallnacht Commemoration
• NBC 10 News—Religious leaders push for support of refugees