As Federations’ Israel Religious Expression Platform (iREP) committee met in New York last week to develop a road map for action, a group of Orthodox rabbis in Israel is challenging state control on determining who is Jewish. Studies find that acts of philanthropy make people happier and help them live longer.
- NPR – In Israel, a new battle over who qualifies as Jewish
- Detroit News – Philanthropy helps the giver, too
Meanwhile, Federations are highlighted in Oklahoma City, Colorado, Chicago, Vancouver and Fairfield County.
- The Oklahoman – Oklahoma City Jewish community works together to make a change
- Boulder Jewish News – JEWISHcolorado hosts Pink Shabbat
- JUF News – Chicago, Cook County join Illinois in rejecting BDS
- Richmond News – Student emissary provides connections for Richmond's Jewish school
- Fairfield Daily Voice – Jewish senior services to honor Fairfield woman for service at gala
Please login to leave a comment