Paul Goldenberg, director of the Federation-funded Secure Community Network, warns that the Jewish community must work with law enforcement to better educate and train ourselves on security threats. Rabbi Daniel Allen, senior vice president of JFNA, writes that we all must make our voices heard in the year to come. As head of the Ruderman Family Foundation, Jay Ruderman provides an example of how to run a longstanding philanthropic family foundation.
- Washington Jewish Week – Where will 5776 take us?
- Times of Israel (op-ed) – Be a shofar
- New York Times – When family members run foundations, scrutiny never ends
Meanwhile, Federations are highlighted in Toronto, Miami, Philadelphia, Indianapolis and Kansas City.
- Canadian Jewish News – Thousands arrive for UJA campaign launch featuring Steve Martin, Douglas Murray
- Miami Herald – Bonding young and old through baskets, baking and storytelling for the Jewish holidays
- Jewish Exponent – High Holiday food drive set to raise 50,000 pounds of food
- Indianapolis Star – Home (away from home) for the High Holidays
- Kansas City Star – Mutated BRCA gene is focus of panel on breast cancer awareness