Next Wednesday in New York, JFNA will join with the Starkey Hearing Foundation, the New York Yankees and the Minnesota Vikings in providing hearing aids to aging Holocaust survivors, part of the Federations' National Holocaust Survivor Initiative. Federations continue to work with The Jewish Agency for Israel in ongoing efforts to meet the needs of the Jewish people around the world. A new study finds that gender differences in income affect the charitable causes chosen by married couples.
- JP Updates – Starkey Hearing Foundation brings 'gift of hearing' to Holocaust survivors
- JTA – Israeli ministry plows ahead with 'world Jewry' project, even as funding and future remain uncertain
- Philanthropy News Digest – Gender differences in income affect couples' giving, study finds
Meanwhile, Federations are highlighted in Los Angeles, Washington, Greater MetroWest NJ, Birmingham and Hartford.
- Jewish Journal – Rabbi finds a higher calling in L.A.'s homeless population
- Washington Jewish Week – Federation dedicates home, celebrates leaders
- New Jersey Jewish News – Migrant crisis moves community to action
- ThinkProgress – NAACP calls for removal of courthouse mural of 'blacks picking cotton at the feet of white woman'
- Hartford Courant – Katie Couric, 'Voices' guest speaker, says gender equality remains a fight
Please login to leave a comment