EXTENDED APPLICATION THROUGH MARCH 31. Click here to view the listing on JewishJobs.com
Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo
The JFGT Executive Director will be a leader in the community, cultivating trusted relationships and developing significant donors and funding sources to further build on the strong fundraising foundation already in place. The Executive Director will be responsible for oversight of all Federation functions and the success of all its fundraising efforts.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be an active and effective community relationship builder. Playing the lead role in articulating the vision for the community and building for the future, this collaborative and persuasive Jewish professional leader will engage and inspire the community around issues of Jewish life, locally, nationally, and internationally.
• Coordinate and manage an efficient and effective governance structure of the various departments and agencies within our functional Federation.
• Ensure that the Federation’s vision, message, and positions are effectively developed and consistently communicated throughout the organization and the community.
• Work with the Board and professional Federation leadership team to implement a strategic plan that assures a cohesive array of programs and services, and links them to identified community needs.
• Lead, motivate, and manage staff by communicating measurable goals and objectives so that staff members can effectively perform the functions/responsibilities to carry out the JFGT’s mission.
• Utilize data to measure progress in fulfilling the mission, in mobilizing resources, and in the staff’s effectiveness on the job to inform decision-making.
• Create and oversee the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising, and take the lead in the process of soliciting funding from all sources.
• Work closely with the CFO to oversee fiscal responsibility for the Federation and regularly evaluate the management and status of the agency’s financial resources.
• Develop and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders and constituencies, including agencies, synagogues, individual donors, governmental bodies, private foundations and other not for profit organizations, both Jewish and secular.
• Support operations and administration of the Board of Directors; keep the Board fully informed of the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it; and promote Board members’ engagement in critical thinking, strategic planning, resource/financial development, collaboration with other organizations, and overall agency wellness.
• Serve as primary spokesperson to the public and facilitate ongoing efforts to educate the community and promote the organization.
• Several years of progressively responsible experience and evidence of strong organizational management skills in Jewish Communal Leadership or another transferable leadership setting.
• Successful track record of working with one or more Boards composed of volunteer and professional leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain partnerships between individuals, governmental and non-governmental organizations, corporations, and foundations.
• Ability to build trust and be a diplomatic honest broker in solving community issues.
• Knowledge of the organized Jewish community: locally, nationally, and overseas.
• Energetic, innovative, and thoughtful leader with high ethical standards and strong executive presence.
• Flexibility in dealing with the evolving needs of the community, staff, and lay leadership.
• Outstanding analytical, financial and written/verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred.
A competitive compensation package will be commensurate with experience.
For more information and to apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by March 31, 2019, to:
Interim Chief Operating Officer
Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo
6465 Sylvania Avenue
Sylvania, OH 43560