Jewish Senior, Family and Social Services Division Food Pantry Manager and Support Services Coordinator Wanted
Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo and its Jewish Senior, Family and Social Services Division is seeking a Food Pantry Manager and Support Services Coordinator. The Food Pantry Manager and Support Services Coordinator (“FPM”) is a full-time, non-exempt employee of Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo (“JFGT”). The FPM will be responsible for oversight, management and delivery of Food Pantry services and will provide direct social work support services in the areas of client care management, patient advocacy and transportation coordination.
With an annual operating budget of over $4 million dollars and a staff of approximately 30 full time team members, JFGT is the central address for community programing, services and philanthropy for the Jewish community of northwest Ohio and part of southeast Michigan. JFGT includes a successful endowment program through the Toledo Jewish Community Foundation (“TJCF"), a seven-figure annual campaign, a Jewish Senior, Family and Social Services division including a community food pantry, a professionally staffed Jewish Community Relations Council, a preschool in its own building, the PJ Library program, an active Next Jewish Generation program, Hillel programs at two state universities, exceptional programs for community members age 60 and better and a Toledo Jewish Community Cemetery Association that operates and maintains two cemeteries.
The Jewish Senior, Family and Social Services Division of JFGT is responsible for programs and services that have been provided in the past by Jewish Family Service and the Jewish Living Center. These programs and services include a Food Pantry, patient advocacy for those in assisted living, In Home Care subsidies and coordination, financial and scholarship assistance, technology assistance and support, transportation coordination, exercise classes, bridge, mah jong and poker games, senior day and overnight trip experiences, and education/entertainment and wellness programs and events.
The Toledo Jewish community continues to support three synagogues as well as Chabad. Toledo boasts the University of Toledo, the Toledo Mudhens, the nationally recognized Toledo Zoo and the Toledo Museum of Art. Toledo is at the cross-roads of America with easy north/south highway access on I-75 and east/west highway access on I-80. It is within 50 minutes driving to Ann Arbor, 55 minutes to Detroit, 2.5 hours to Cleveland, and 4 hours to Chicago.
- Bachelor degree in social work or closely related field and 5 years of experience working with seniors/families.
- LSW required.
- Ability to be self- directed and work independently in the pantry and in the field.
- Possess good communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish customs, traditions, the Jewish community, and the Federation field.
The FPM will report directly to the Vice President Senior, Family and Social Services for all purposes related to planning, coordination and execution of the responsibilities detailed below.
- JFSS Food Pantry Manager
- Coordinate pantry inventory, business orders through Meijer with JSFSS Office Manager, supervise tracking budget of Simply Give fund and Food Pantry fund, and other statistical data related to budgeting.
- Provide confidential and compassionate intake and assessment with clients in need of assistance, information, referral, and supportive services are offered to each client.
- Maintain client files – paper and electronic.
- Assess community and client needs and work to expand services to meet identified needs.
- Collaborate with other organizations and pantries to discern need and avoid duplication of services/donations.
- Host or assist in community-led donation drives to benefit JFS Family Pantry.
- Oversee operation of ‘Summer Food for Kids’ program (June-August): serve as communication liaison with donor, recruitment of participating families, order grocery list, and coordinate volunteer capacity (each month).
- Manage operations of Thanksgiving Holiday baskets for JFS Family Pantry clients, coordinate volunteer capacity as needed.
- Assist in organizing Passover and Rosh Hashanah baskets with Office Manager; order groceries, package items, coordinate volunteer capacity as needed.
- Support Services
- Maintain a Care Management Case load working with the Care Management and Patient Advocate Coordinator, as requested.
- If appropriate maintain licensure requirements and adhere to all legal and ethical requirements of licensure.
- Report any problems with staff, clients, volunteers or equipment to immediate supervisor.
- Meet regularly with supervisor.
- Conduct client needs assessments for services and financial subsidy.
- Link clients with home care agencies for homemaker and personal care.
- Work with Home Health Care agencies when appropriate. Home Health Care requires a physician prescription and the Coordinator may assist client to obtain this service at discharge from a hospital or rehab facility.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Home Care and Home Health Care organizations.
- Refer client for any other services that may be beneficial.
- Patient Advocate Program
- Assist clients with completing the application process.
- Educate clients regarding the program and return all written application paperwork to the Patient Advocate Coordinator.
- Assist with arrangements for transporting and attending physician appointments as needed.
- Transportation Program
- Work with transportation provider to assist senior clients obtain necessary transportation services.
- Interview senior clients to educate them about program requirements.
- Assist senior clients as necessary with scheduling.
- Assist with program promotion and marketing.
- Provide oversight for college scholarship and financial assistance review process in conjunction with Jewish Senior, Family and Social Services.
- Participate in training and professional development activities including those which would result in increased responsiveness to the clients served and/or increased cultural awareness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary commensurate with experience ($55,000-65,000) plus benefits including healthcare, pension, paid vacation, sick time, professional development expenses, YMCA membership.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com